McDonough County's proximity as one of the mid points between the region’s largest urban populations, Chicago and St. Louis, makes Forgottonia's Macomb a perfect Road Trip destination for short escapes from the stress and hassle of city life.
But don't just take our word for it, search this website and discover for yourself just how Unforgettable we can be, then make plans to Visit Forgottonia.
WHAT IS A CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU?
The Macomb Area Convention & Visitors Bureau offers services for the business and leisure traveler and to increase awareness of events and attractions to potential visitors. We provide information and resources which help visitors make the most of their time in the Forgottonia's McDonough County.
- Free Visitors Guides and Publications
- Information on restaurants, lodging, special events, attractions and activities.
- Meeting and convention services – including hotel booking assistance and site tours.
- Assistance in coordinating special meeting activities, such as museum tours.
- Coordination of group tour activities.
- Assist coordinating and attracting special events in the Macomb Area.
The mission of the Macomb Area Convention and Visitors Bureau is to promote the Macomb area as a destination for festivals, special events, meetings, conventions, and otherwise bring visitors to Forgottonia.
The Macomb Area Convention & Visitors Bureau primary responsibilities:
- To encourage groups to hold meetings, tours, sporting events, and other events.
- To assist these groups with meeting preparations in advance of their arrival and also while their meeting or event is in progress; and
- To encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the historic, cultural, retail, dining and recreational opportunities this destination offers.
- Assist meeting and event planners, tournament directors and visitors learn about the destination and area attractions and make the best possible use of all the services and facilities the destination has to offer.
To submit an event to our calendar, request event assistance or sponsorship, or to see what is happening in Macomb visit our website at VisitForgottonia.com
MEET OUR TEAM
Jock Hedblade - Executive Director
Jan Armstrong - Event Coordinator
David Dorsett (President) - Retired Business Owner
Bridget McCormick (Treasurer) - Western Illinois University
Nancy Foster - Retired Broadcasting & Media Production Company Owner
Robin Johnson - GM Best Western
Penny Lawyer - Former President Chamber Of Commerce
Laura Leezer - VP Citizens Bank
John Nelson - Owner Nelson’s Clothing
Paul Schlag - Western Illinois University
Mike Wayland - Macomb City Council
Macomb Area Convention and Visitors Bureau board of directors meetings are always open to the public. Meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at noon in the Western Illinois Museum at 201 S. Lafayette Street in Macomb.