Walnut Grove, IL
The unincorporated community of Walnut Grove township was laid out in 1870 by County Surveyor Wm. J. Edie. It lays seven miles northwest of Bushnell in McDonough County along what was the C.B.& Q. Railroad.
This beautiful prairie country is bounded on the north by Warren County, on the east by Prairie City and Bushnell townships, with Macomb on the south and Sciota township on the west.
The pioneer settler of Walnut Grove area, was Isaac Bartlett, who came from the state of Tennessee in the fall of 1830.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a population of 469 and a total area of 36.29 square miles.