Village of Blandinsville
Blandinsville is a village in McDonough County, Illinois, 16 miles northwest of Macomb. The town is named for Joseph L. Blandin, owner of the first general store, whom, with his parents he came to Illinois, in June, 1837, settled on land which now forms a part of Blandinsville.
In 1842, the town was platted on a tract known as Job’s Settlement, named after early settlers William and Ira Job. A post office was established in 1843. The Frank Hicks House in Blandinsville was constructed by architect George Franklin Barber in 1895.
It is located in the extreme northwestern part of the county. It is bounded on the north by Warren and Hancock counties, on the east by Sciota township, with Hire on the south, and Hancock county on the west.
Blandinsville is home to the historic Blandin House Museum.
Twin Oaks Golf course is on the western edge of town.
According to the 2010 census, Blandinsville has a total area of 0.88 square miles (2.28 km2), all land and the population was 777.