Interested in local events or would like to submit your event to post on our calendar?
- This event has passed.
Winter Woodland Wonders Nature Hike
December 12, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Saturday, December 12, 2020 – 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Join the site interpreter as we explore the trails of the park in search of the many wonders of winter just waiting to be discovered. Hike topics may include how animals survive in winter, identifying tracks and other wildlife signs, winter tree ID and the mysteries of snow and snowflakes. Hike will begin at 10 a.m. at the park visitor center. Space is limited to first 20 people, to register please call (309)776-3422 or email Bridget.Hinchee@illinois.gov.
General Program Information:
- Due to COVID restrictions, all programs are limited to 20 or fewer participants. Participants must adhere to current COVID restrictions including maintaining a 6’ distance from others not in their group and wearing face masks when required. Programs may be canceled due to increased restrictions or lack of registration.
- Meet at the park visitor center for all hikes and programs unless otherwise indicated in above program descriptions.
- All programs are free and open to the general public unless otherwise noted in the program description. Participation in any program involving the use of FOA equipment (skis, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.) will require participants to become a member of the Friends of Argyle organization. Annual membership fees are $10 per individual, $15 for a single parent family and $20 for a two parent family.
- Please contact park staff with any special needs or concerns prior to the program date, so requested arrangements /accommodations can be made.
For more specific program information or to register for a program, please call the park visitor center at (309)776-3422 or email
Other Local Event Calendars
- Argyle Lake State Park
- Bushnell-Prairie City Schools
- City of Bushnell
- City of Macomb
- Macomb.com Event Calendar
- Macomb Chamber of Commerce
- Macomb Park District
- Macomb School District
- McDonough County Board Committee Meeting Schedule
- McDonough County Special Recreation Association
- McDonough County United Way