Interested in local events or would like to submit your event to post on our calendar?
- This event has passed.
Twigs, Buds and Bark: Winter Tree ID Hike –
February 23, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Most people identify trees using their leaves, which can make tree identification a challenge in the winter. Winter tree identification is possible; it merely requires detailed observations of a tree’s many unique characteristics – other than its leaves. Budding naturalists of any age are welcome to come and learn some tips for identifying trees in winter at the Argyle Lake State Park visitor center. After a brief indoor discussion, participants will venture outdoors to practice their skills in the campground and along the woodland edge at Argyle while enjoying the winter scenery. For more information, please call the park visitor center at (309)776-3422.
General Program Information:
- Meet at the park visitor center for all hikes and programs unless otherwise indicated in above program descriptions.
- All programs are free and open to the general public. Participation in any program involving the use of FOA equipment (skis, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.) will require participants to become a member of the Friends of Argyle organization. Annual membership fees are $10 per individual, $15 for a single parent family and $20 for a two parent family.
- Please contact park staff with any special needs or concerns prior to the program date, so requested arrangements /accommodations can be made.
- For more specific program information or to register for a program, please call the park visitor center at (309)776-3422 or email Hinchee@illinois.gov.
Other Local Event Calendars
- Argyle Lake State Park
- Bushnell-Prairie City Schools
- City of Bushnell
- City of Macomb
- Macomb.com Event Calendar
- Macomb Chamber of Commerce
- Macomb Park District
- Macomb School District
- McDonough County Board Committee Meeting Schedule
- McDonough County Special Recreation Association
- McDonough County United Way