Interested in local events or would like to submit your event to post on our calendar?
- This event has passed.
*Stargazing at the Park*
October 23, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, October 23, 2020 (Raindate: 10/24/20)
6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Join us for two evenings of stargazing with WIU astronomy instructor Tom Van Heuklon and hobby astronomist Larry Knicl. Depending on the date, we will have the opportunity to observe planets including Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Mars; the Moon; many deep sky objects including star clusters, nebulae, other galaxies; and the varying seasonal constellations. These programs will be held at the parking lot near the park’s Sunset shelter (1st left turn upon entering the park). For your comfort, bring a chair or blanket, insect repellent, and a flashlight. To comply with COVID guidelines, observing will be done using a laptop rather than a telescope eyepiece. In the event of inclement weather or poor visibility, these programs may be postponed to the rain dates or canceled and participants will be notified. Space is limited to first 20 people, to register please call (309)776-3422 or email Bridget.Hinchee@illinois.gov.
General Program Information:
- Due to COVID restrictions, all programs are limited to 20 or fewer participants. Participants must adhere to current COVID restrictions including maintaining a 6’ distance from others not in their group and wearing face masks when required. Programs may be canceled due to increased restrictions or lack of registration.
- Meet at the park visitor center for all hikes and programs unless otherwise indicated in above program descriptions.
- All programs are free and open to the general public unless otherwise noted in the program description. Participation in any program involving the use of FOA equipment (skis, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.) will require participants to become a member of the Friends of Argyle organization. Annual membership fees are $10 per individual, $15 for a single parent family and $20 for a two parent family.
- Please contact park staff with any special needs or concerns prior to the program date, so requested arrangements /accommodations can be made.
For more specific program information or to register for a program, please call the park visitor center at (309)776-3422 or email
Other Local Event Calendars
- Argyle Lake State Park
- Bushnell-Prairie City Schools
- City of Bushnell
- City of Macomb
- Macomb.com Event Calendar
- Macomb Chamber of Commerce
- Macomb Park District
- Macomb School District
- McDonough County Board Committee Meeting Schedule
- McDonough County Special Recreation Association
- McDonough County United Way