Interested in local events or would like to submit your event to post on our calendar?
Arts in Nature
August 15 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturday, August 15, 2020 –6:30p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Come join us on the evening of Saturday, August 15th at the park’s visitor center for an Arts in Nature program. Participants will have the opportunity to be creative while rock painting. Linda Cox from Copperfields Bookstore and the park naturalist will share some fun nature stories as well as lead participants in a fun musical activity. There will be a campfire to make s’mores at the end of the program too. Space is limited to the first 20 people to register, please call (309)776-3422 or email Bridget.Hinchee@illinois.gov to sign up.
General Program Information:
- Due to COVID restrictions, all programs are limited to 20 or fewer participants. Participants must adhere to current COVID restrictions including maintaining a 6’ distance from others not in their group and wearing face masks when required. Programs may be canceled due to increased restrictions or lack of registration.
- Meet at the park visitor center for all hikes and programs unless otherwise indicated in above program descriptions.
- All programs are free and open to the general public unless otherwise noted in the program description. Participation in any program involving the use of FOA equipment (skis, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.) will require participants to become a member of the Friends of Argyle organization. Annual membership fees are $10 per individual, $15 for a single parent family and $20 for a two parent family.
- Please contact park staff with any special needs or concerns prior to the program date, so requested arrangements /accommodations can be made.
For more specific program information or to register for a program, please call the park visitor center at (309)776-3422 or email
Other Local Event Calendars
- Argyle Lake State Park
- Bushnell-Prairie City Schools
- City of Bushnell
- City of Macomb
- Macomb.com Event Calendar
- Macomb Chamber of Commerce
- Macomb Park District
- Macomb School District
- McDonough County Board Committee Meeting Schedule
- McDonough County Special Recreation Association
- McDonough County United Way