Interested in local events or would like to submit your event to post on our calendar?
- This event has passed.
May 2 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. at Citzens Bank Plaza in Macomb.
At 8:00 a.m., a short presentation will be held at the race starting line. Victim Services Director Naomi Taylor will speak about domestic violence in western Illinois, along with the free services that are available to survivors. Kiryn Evans, Kathy Simmons’ daughter and an advocate for domestic violence awareness, will speak in her mother’s honor before the race.
After a brief warm-up, the race will start. Water stations for people and dogs will be available at specific points along the race route.
After you cross the finish line, make sure to stop by our food tent for free healthy snacks and drinks!
Stick around after the race! Ribbons will be awarded to the top male and female winners. A raffle will also be held. You must be present in order to win! Weather permitting, a silent auction will be held near the finish line.
The race begins at Citizens Bank Plaza, goes down South Randolph Street, and continues down Maple Avenue before circling back to Citizens Plaza.
Race map coming soon.
T-shirts and Food
Register by April 7 to get your guaranteed t-shirt! Make sure to select your t-shirt size when you register. Limited quantities of race t-shirts will be available for purchase at the 5K.
Complimentary healthy snacks and water will be available to participants at the event.
- Option 1: Enter online via our Constant Contact/Paypal page: https://conta.cc/39ovU18
- Option 2: Enter via phone by calling Victim Services’ at (309) 837-6622 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Option 3: Pick up a paper entry form from WIRC-CAA’s office, 223 South Randolph Street, Macomb between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Option 4: Enter in-person on race day (May 2, 2020). We recommend that you arrive by 7:30 a.m. so that we have enough time to complete your registration.
- $30 per person – Paid by April 7, 2020; t-shirt included.
- $35 per person – Paid after April 7, 2020; t-shirt not included.
Checks can be mailed to: WIRC-CAA Victim Services, PO Box 157, Macomb, IL 61455.
If you would like to volunteer your time to help at the Simmons 5K, contact Naomi at Victim Services by calling (309) 837-6622.
If you or your business would like to donate an item for this event’s silent auction, call (309) 837-6622.
Cash donations made in honor of Kathy Simmons are accepted year-round. Donations of any amount are accepted and greatly appreciated by our staff and those we serve.
Call Victim Services’ Domestic Violence office at (309) 837-6622.
If you or someone you know are being abused, call our free and confidential crisis hotline at (309) 837-5555.
Other Local Event Calendars
- Argyle Lake State Park
- Bushnell-Prairie City Schools
- City of Bushnell
- City of Macomb
- Macomb.com Event Calendar
- Macomb Chamber of Commerce
- Macomb Park District
- Macomb School District
- McDonough County Board Committee Meeting Schedule
- McDonough County Special Recreation Association
- McDonough County United Way